Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Breaking the Taboo

This well-received drug legalization documentary is out on Youtube.  Narrated by Morgan Freeman and only an hour long, it's a concise view of what has happened melded with what is happening as far as drugs in the West.  Maybe not a must-see, since a lot of this has been covered in other well-known docs over the last decade or so, but it's not a bad way to spend an hour and an important sign of the times, a sign blaring in bright colors, "Legalize it!"

Update: I'm halfway through the movie and need to spew out this stat: "In 2009 there were 1.6 mil drug arrests in the U.S.  1.3 mil were for possession.  And 800k+ of those were for marijuana."  What...the...fuck. I'm sure I've heard those stats before, but I'm as dismayed as if I'd just heard them for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top