Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Running Form to Prevent Injury

I can be a bit running centric in my thinking when I promote the values and virtues of physical health. Whatever your workout of choice may be, it may be beneficial to record yourself in order to reflect, refine, and receive feedback from others. That latter point is why I'm posting these videos. I'd love to hear your tips and observations about my form.

These videos were shot at the crack of dawn at my favorite barefoot running space, a high school baseball practice field in the mountains a kilometer from my front door. It's a quiet place that allows me to focus and avoid the distractions that sometimes come with cars zipping by and observers stealing glimpses of my powerful physique (joking, of course).

Running video links of my form on YouTube (opens in new window):



Below is a video of excellent running form. How do they compare? With any pursuit, I believe it's a good idea to compare your craft to that of an expert, someone who has put in 10,000 hours or more. Of course, many of our pursuits are creative in nature (even running, I would argue), so exact duplication is not the goal. However, emulation with the wiggle room to tweak as the artist sees fit and beneficial for his unique self/style, is the method that most (if not all) creators use.




Support:
AJ Snook's Amazon Author Page
Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top