Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Waking Life - All Theory and No Action

Damn my parents must have been searching my room for drugs after I brought this movie home one summer in college. What a good scene this is (one that I didn't understand fully back then). I'm sure I don't understand it fully now, either, but my perspective on it is completely different. I wonder, if a Zen monk would disagree with the guy's assumption about the old man? The wise man on the mountain leaves society but he is sure that he has found a connection with something beyond the nature of social structures like commerce, institutions, and hierarchies. Should action come before theory?




If you feel you have benefited from this site, apart from sharing on Google+, Facebook or Twitter, please also consider submitting your own article, donating through the Paypal link or making a purchase at the eBookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top