Sunday, February 10, 2013

Alan Watts - The Dream of Life (video)

This is not religion, but rather a suggestion on perspective. The more I listen to his talks the more I believe that Mr. Watts thought that if enough people changed their perspective, the world would be a radically different place. And I love his preface that I've written below. He just wanted us to use our imaginations for the sake of using them. That act in and of itself is enough to change things, I believe.

"I'm not trying to sell you on this idea...I want you to play with it...I'm not trying to prove it."




"Let's have a dream which isn't under control. You would get more adventurous. And finally you would dream where you are now...of playing that you weren't God. The whole nature of the godhead...is playing that he's not. Not god in the kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self, the deep down basic of whatever there is, and you're all that."



If you feel you have benefited from this site, apart from sharing on Google+, Facebook or Twitter, please also consider submitting your own article, donating through the Paypal link, or making a purchase at the eBookstore.




No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top